About the Sapphire Theatre
Theatre is the playground where all the arts come in to play – literature, music, dance, performance and visual arts. The Sapphire is an innovative arts and entertainment company. We play with the theatrical form, transform it into unique and engaging experiences and transport it around Indiana and beyond.
- The Sapphire produces professional Performances and Events such as ROMEO + JULIET: The Mobile Shakespearience™ and ADULT SWIM Indy.
- Enrichment Programs for corporations and civic organizations and Education Programs for youth and schools, such as PICTURE THIS, the award-winning interactive theatre experience serving schools and organizations since 1984.
- And, we create a spectrum of theatre and museum sets, props, exhibits and finishes through our Design + Fabrication
It is our mission to entertain, inspire and connect in order to enrich the human spirit, compensate artists for their talents and contribute to cultural growth. Since 2008, we’ve been living that mission, proudly serving the Indianapolis community with innovative, creative, mobile and sustainable shows and programs. Our team of professional theatre artist and artisans create captivating, once-in-a-lifetime experiences that enrich the lives of Hoosiers and make our city more beautiful.
Sponsors and Partners:
- Arts for Learning: The Indiana Affiliate of Young Audiences
- Big Car Collaborative
- Deck’d Out Indy
- Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Fall Creek Gardens
- Harrison Center for the Arts
- Hansen Multimedia
- Indiana Youth Group
- Indianapolis Art Center
- Lehman’s Terms, Inc.
- Spirit & Place Festival
- The Penrod Society
- Taft Stettinius & Hollister, LLP
Bonnie Mill – Artistic Director
David Orr – Producing Director
Nick Carpenter – Program Manager for PICTURE THIS
Patricia Money – Project Manager for DESIGN & FABRICATION
Shelley Edwards – Administrative Assistant
Board of Directors:
Julian Harrell – Board Chair
Associate, Faegre Baker Daniels
Adam Fromson – Board Treasurer
Advertising Account Manager, Angie’s List
Kyle Sharrer – Board Secretary
Manufacturing Manager, Banded Stators, Rolls-Royce North America
Legal Counsel & Director of Compliance, Rolls-Royce North America
President, J.F. Esselman, Inc.
Child and Family Education Coordinator, Families First
Corporate Communications Manager, Fortune Brands Home & Security
Graphic Services Administrator, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
Chrissy Walling (emeritus)
Senior Executive Assistant, Vertellus Specialties Inc.
Art Hanna (emeritus)
President, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Pension Fund (retired)
John Stuart Mill II (emeritus)
CFO & Treasurer, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) Division of Overseas Ministries, (retired)